Advanced & Complex Assembly
From mechanical benchtop assembly and testing through to manufacture of complex structures including integration of electrical system interfaces, testing and qualification, it all comes together at Ferra Engineering.
As a full-service partner to the most complex projects, Ferra Enginerring’s assembly process incorporates:
- Bearing installation, bearing swaging, roller swaging, bearing staking, anvil staking, ball staking, proof-loading and testing.
- Bushing installation, sizing, press-fit and shrink fit.
- Lee plug installation.
- Helicoil & Kato inserts, Keensert, Rosan Fittings and threaded fastener installation.
- Riveting (cherry max, cherry lock, blind rivets).
- Mechanical and sub-assemblies (nutplates, huckbolts, lockbolts, clinch nuts, Hi-Lok, Hi-Shear).
- Lanyards and lockwire/safety wire assemblies.
- Fatigue Technologies – Cold work.
- Electrical assembly (crimping, soldering, potting), harness assembly, wire & cable assembly.
- Ground stud installation, torquing and electrical bond testing.
- Cable swaging and pull testing.
- Certified Clickbond installation and testing to CBPS206 & CBPS207 plus LMA-PK004A.
- Primers, Sealant, Loctite, Silicone and Adhesive sealing to all Aerospace Specifications.
In addition to the mechanical assembly, we use hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic processes. Ferra Engineering is at the forefront of developing the latest technology to deliver continuous targeted engineering solutions to complex and advanced assembly.